Dr Peter Hansen was born in Gladstone, but has lived in Brisbane since age five. His tertiary education began with a Bachelor of Science at the University of Queensland. He subsequently went on to complete his Medical Degree also at UQ, before undertaking his internship at the Princess Alexandra Hospital. Dr Hansen’s Surgical Training was undertaken throughout Queensland in addition to the United Kingdom, working in both Worcester and Coventry.
Dr Hansen’s Advanced Vascular Specialist Training was completed in four major centres – The Royal Brisbane Hospital, The Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, The Western Hospital, Melbourne, and The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane. This comprehensive training and experience encompassed all facets of modern Vascular practice from minimally-invasive (“key-hole”) endovascular techniques for the management of arterial, venous and aneurysmal disease, through to major open surgery for all vascular conditions.
Dr Hansen is a Visiting Specialist at The Princess Alexandra Hospital (Public Hospital). His Private Practice is based at The Wesley Hospital, Brisbane and he visits regional centres including Hervey Bay, Bundaberg and Ipswich.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeon FRACS (Vasc)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) – University of Queensland
Registrations / Membership
- Medical Board of Australia
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Vascular Surgery (ANZSVS)
- Senior Lecturer – School of Medicine – University of Queensland